24 June 2010

1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You...

Well, I was finally able to make it out to see the newest Freddy Kreuger film: A Nightmare On Elm Street(2010). Despite the fact that one of my favorite actresses died within the first 30mins of the movie, I thought it was really good. It had many similarities with the 1984 version of the film, but was still uniqe in the story line. I did, however, think that Freddy looked more believable in the 1984 version - just, more like a person rather than a bad halloween costume. The acting was actually decent for a horror movie as well. I couldn't help but cover my eyes in the theater, even gasping aloud at one of the scary moments [while there were 10 year old boys in front of me that had no problem watching the entire movie eyes wide open, mind you] and that is exactly what I want in my scary movies. If you are a scary movie fan and have yet to see this version, I would recommend it. [Definitely better than the newest Friday the 13th at least.]

[Seeing Toy Story 3 tomorrow!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment