29 March 2010

What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?

My roommate & I had a scary movie marathon tonight & we watched 4 different 'scary' movies:

The first of which was Bloody Mary I thought this movie had a good story line, if you could get past the sub-par acting. Every actor in this movie, with the exception of 1, could have done so much better. If the acting had been better I feel I would have enjoyed this movie much more. There really isn't much else to say.

Next on the list was Autopsy, which was probably my favorite of the night. The acting was a lot better than in the first movie and the story line was enjoyable as well. It was suspenseful and entertaining as well as scary. If you have a weak stomach I would not recommend this movie, but if you're one for blood & guts [or if you enjoy Saw] I would highly suggest you rent this movie. [& let me know what you think when you do].

Carved was the third movie we watched. This is a Japanese film about a woman whose mouth is split from ear to ear [think of the Joker with an unhealed wound]. It was a slow moving movie but good none-the-less. If you don't mind watching dubbed movies or reading subtitles I would recommend this one as well.

We concluded the night with The Shining. Now, I know that The Shining is a classic, but after reading the book a few months ago and with it still fresh in my mind, the movie was somewhat of a disappointment. I have seen the movie before, but it has been quite some time. I did love Jack Nicholson's performance and if I had not just read the book I probably would have enjoyed the movie much more.

[I hope this post makes up for my lack of writing lately] Until next time...'What's your favorite scary movie?' [Mine-after today I'd have to say, Autopsy or perhaps The Ammityville Horror].

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. read the book then talk to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said I liked the movie, but in regards to the book it was a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete