06 March 2010

About Me

Ok, I tried creating a blog before because my older sister told me that she had so much fun with hers. Well, I never updated my old blog, so I figured I'd change what I was going to write about and pick something that might suit my interests better. So, I've decided to blog about movies. Now, I am in no way involved in making any movies nor am I a critic. I am just a person that watches a lot [A LOT] of movies. So, I thought this might be a more appropriate topic for me to write about. I will only be stating my opinion on the movies and actors. I will not be judging or belittling the process, because no matter how much I may dislike a certain movie, I know that there may be some people out there that love it and I also appreciate how much money, time and effort goes into each movie. I will take recommendations on movies that I should see and at the end of each of my posts I will put a list of movies that I would like to see. I'd also like to hear others' opinions of the movies.

On that note we'll start with my favorite movie of all time, which is [drum roll please...]


Fight Club [1999]

I love Fight Club for a number of reasons including the actors, dialogue, story, and the original author of the book.

The first time I saw Fight Club, I'll admit, I did not sit through the entire 139 mins. But the second time I watched, I was much more interested. I am in love with Edward Norton's character, as well as the actor himself. I think he is a brilliant actor and it definitely shows in this film. Brad Pitt is also excellent. Once I read the book by Chuck Palahniuk I was convinced that no other actress could have played Marla as well as Helena Bonham Carter did. She portrays Palahniuk's character to the teeth. Everything about this movie intrigues me and keeps me wanting to watch it again and again.
Since the Oscars are tomorrow night, I will put my picks for this years award winners:
Best Actor in a Leading Role: [now, I'd like to preface this by saying that I did not see any of these movies...however, I'd like to see the award go to:] Jeff Bridges
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz [Inglorious Basterds was one of my favorite movies of the year & Christoph Waltz did a great job!]
Best Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock [The Blind Side was moving and I think that this was the performance of Sandra Bullock's career]
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: [Again, I did not see any of these movies but I'd like to see the award go to:] Maggie Gyllenhaal
Best Animated Film: Up [It was both moving and a great family film]
Best Film: [As much as I liked Up, Avatar, and The Blind Side, I'd love to see the award go to:] Inglorious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino did a great job and this movie was better than I expected. I'd also love Tarantino to win for Original Screenplay.
As promised: [movies I want to see]: Shutter Island, Reservoir Dogs, Alice in Wonderland, Brooklyn's Finest, The Green Zone, Gamer, Love Happens, The Crazies, Valentine's Day, The Wolfman, [& others...]

1 comment:

  1. i've seen it two weeks ? ago ( for the first time) and i love it!

    ReplyDelete